Saucisson : the tradition of the French Delicatessen
In “the everyday gastronomy” of the French, we find bread, wine, cheese… and delicatessen, especially : Saucisson (French salami).
• Finely seasoned and spicy pork,
• Put in a natural casing,
• A steam room to develop the fermentation and the flavors,
• Stored in a dryer for many weeks, to reach maturity and expand a thin white film over the product.
How to taste Saucisson ?
Just slice it :
• Finely, it will melt in the mouth,
• Thicker for chewing and enjoy longer the flavors.
• For an aperitif, as a “tapas”,
• Peckish during the day,
• Take away for a picnic or hiking,
• A “Frenchy moment” : with bread, wine… and some friends !
Dry and fresh, you can conserve it a long time until you start it. After that, keep it many days in the fridge.